Old October 22nd 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default !! Screens !!

wrote

Of course, the cats don't understand. They keep hinting that they'd
like to go out on the porch again.

I love this line. I can just see them hinting at it.

I'm sorry about your screens, but it sure sounds like your cats
have a blast out there! Maybe price how much the animal-proof
screen would cost and think of some sort of fund raiser? Go
yardsaling/ junkshopping, buy cheap and sell higher on ebay?
It would be nice if your landlord would help with the cost, but
I can't see it happening. This is one of the reasons so many
places do not allow pets.

Which makes me wonder ... if the security deposit you paid
might not cover the re-screening when you leave?

I think you need to answer some specific questions before
you will know the best solution. Like, measure the current
screen, and price replacing it with animal-proof screen, for
starters.