Old February 16th 07, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
John Ross Mc Master

Default Cat at my rescue is sick I need donations!

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 17:52:03 GMT, "Laura" wrote:

I got the cat in this condition
I am a very small non profit and the vets in my community don't want to
help. All they want is they're money. 1 vet told me that I could pay half
now and half in 2 weeks so I paid upfront the first half and he isn't
getting any better... they won't do surgery to unblock the partial blockage
unless they have the full amount ($467.96) up front. If I don't have the
money unfortunatly there is no other option than to euthanise the animal as
there isn't even another shelter that will accept the cat. The reason I took
him was to try and save him in the first place. The lady I got him from was
going to throw Squirt outside. I have refrences from people that have
adopted animals from me in the past if you need them e-mailed to you. I have
no other option than to ask for help and Squirt only has a couple of weeks
before he is totally blocked. Most of my cash after paying bills goes to
food for the animals and food for myself. I don't have the extra to put out
at the momment.
Squirt is on Walthams SD diet right now and he is still urniating blood.

I post here because there are a lot of animal lovers here that probably
would like to help.

Although I am in Canada I don't understand why this is an issue....is this a
strict US newsgroup? This is not a scam... and even to suggest that of
somebody genuinely asking for help is unfair.

Thank you all for your time

~Laura

Call other cat rescues and have them recommend a cheaper vet. This is
an outrageous price to be charging.