Old January 15th 14, 04:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.usenet,free.spirit
dgk

Default will it hurt to feed them one bag of Friskies?

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 13:49:09 -0500, buglady
wrote:

On 1/14/2014 10:09 AM, dgk wrote:
I tried my cats on the raw frozen food, but they just won't eat it. I
thought that they'd really like it, being mostly just meat, but they
like their canned stinky stuff so that's what they get. Maybe I'll try
the raw stuff again just to check.

..........I've never had much luck with commercial stuff. The other
thing to keep in mind that they might like it better if it was warm so
it has more of a smell. I used to be able to get freeze dried liver
chunks at the pet food store, but they don't carry them any more. If
you keep it in the freezer it stays crispy and you can powder a bit on
top, which I'd do if they turned thumbs down at some batch of food they
didn't like. I get these odd notions to toss in a bit of smashed
broccoli and it usually turns everyone off!

Buy them some crickets! I bought some frozen mice/chicks/quail recently
from RodentPro. Haven't done that in a long time. Most of the cats
really like the mice and some will eat the chicks. If I can catch an
anole outside, I bring it in for the house bound.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

RodentPro. I looked. White Peach Fuzzies $25 a bag. I don't know if I
can do that. I mean, I know that my cats are eating dead stuff (as am
I come to think of it) but somehow feeding them baby mice (dead but
still looking like cute little mice) ... I don't know, sort of hard to
think of doing.

I could probably get away with feeding live crickets to a reptile (and
the upcoming reptiile shows look fun if I was in that area) but I
couldn't even bear to cut apart a dead frog for biology class.