Old November 5th 04, 08:40 AM
Yoj

"Marina" wrote in message
Yoj wrote:
I don't intend to be critical of how other people do it. I'm just
wondering about the ramifications. I'd appreciate any input before

decide for sure how I'm going to introduce the addition to my

family.

In my family, we've always just plonked the new cat in among the old
ones and let them work it out among themselves. It's never taken long
before the new cat was accepted, but then the new cat has always been

young one. I don't know how well this would work with an older cat.
Also, I'd say that if you want to take a kitten, take two, so they can
play with each other, as Lindy might not want to play as much as a
kitten would. My E0.02. )

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Thanks, Marina. That's the way we've always done it in the past. Both
Skeeter (RB) and Lindy were over a year old when I got them. If I end
up with a kitten, I'll seriously consider getting two. However, if I
can find a suitable one that's between one and two years old, that's
what I'd like to get. I feel that there are a lot more people wanting
to adopt kittens than grown cats, so I'd rather save an older one.

Joy