Old March 24th 04, 08:33 PM
Cat Protector

This is good news but I have to wonder if this guy will simply move to
another area and do the same thing. I hope the police notified other
jurisdictions about this guy.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Lashton" wrote in message
om...
Good news! The neighbor jerk who was shooting at strays is disarmed
and on his way out.

The police actually DID come out after my initial posting, about a
week after a neighbor (our TNR contact) reported the cat shooter.
Their timing was perfect. Gunslinger was home, in either a drug- or
alcohol-induced stupor, with the gun loaded and sitting besides his
front door.

The upshot is that the police confiscated the gun, issued a disorderly
conduct citation, and warned Stupid Neighbor that if they were called
again, they'd be taking him for a ride.

It gets better - another neighbor located the owner of the condo this
guy was renting (the owner lives out of state) and ratted out his
tenant. Although we think the cop visit upset the owner more than the
shootings, he still gave the tenant notice.

Big sigh of relief from all of us! And the icing on the cake is that
we were finally able to get the trap-shy mamma cat we'd been trying to
trap for the last few weeks.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I'm sure we'll be using
some of them if we come across this sort of thing again.

"Cat Protector" wrote in message

I would get some rescue groups involved. If you have a Humane Society in
your area that may help because they possibly work with local law
enforcement to enforce animal cruelty laws. I'd also contact the local

media
as well. You'd be surprised what would happen to Mr. Gunslinger if this
became public. He certainly would have no place to hide due to the

public
outcry.