Old August 19th 07, 02:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
Upscale

Default Cat Pregnancy Questions?

"Sheelagh o" wrote in message

I believe he did, in appendix 4, if you wish to read it. If you follow
the link, you will see his findings in the research he went to the
trouble of producing.

And if *you* had read further, you'd have seen Dan mention that those
findings were for vets. Since we're not vets, that doesn't leave the much
easier option of a sedative and then a shot to kill the kitten.

Perhaps you are right? I just don't have the stomach or confidence to
try, for fear that I would be putting the poor kitten through further
distress. You will understand what I mean when you take a look at the
veterinary surgeons findings.

Then you'd be actively forcing the kitten to live and suffer a longer period
until you found some method that was less squeamish for you to use.
Personally, I think that's pretty selfish.

Tell me Sheelagh, if you had your guts ripped out and you were screaming in
agony with nothing left for you to scream for quite a few minutes more until
you slowly bled to death, would you accept being suffocated into
unconsciousness within several seconds? I don't know about you, but I sure
would.