Old January 30th 06, 07:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Why do cats like bleach?

Rhonda wrote:
Mine do too! I have no idea what it is about that smell. I notice if I
get a scent like "mountain fresh" bleach, it's even worse.

When I leave bleach in the toilet, I have to keep the bathroom door
shut. Even after it's flushed the cats will roll around on the floor.
It's crazy.

Rhonda

I have never heard of it with bleach, but a friend's cat used to react
that way to green olives - she'd get all lovey-dovey and roll all over
the plate. Makes you wonder what kind of receptors they have to make
them react to such things.

-L.