Old April 25th 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Broke Down: Fed 'Em Soft Food (Also, Iams?)

Yes - I think I'll try that. Just get small cans of several brands, and see
if I can find one they like. Canned food is certainly healthier - if only
for the greater moisture content. (Just don't like the little roach
pets!!!)

I used to rewarm cat food for another cat I owned. She certainly liked it
better warm - it was smellier too which makes it a cat favorite!!

-- maryjane

"Ajanta" wrote in message

: I had to stop feeding my kitties canned food because they didn't seem to
: like any brand of it. They'd leave the whole bowlful behind -- and
before
: long I was feeding cute little roaches instead of kitties. Since I
really
: didn't want cute little roaches for pets, I had to switch to dry food.*

Keep trying. There are so many brands, flavors, and textures, that
after a little experimenting you'll find something they like. I feed a
"visitor" cat that was hooked on dry (what she was fed), but I switched
her to canned, not 100% but I don't mind occasional dry treat. Then I
went overseas and the apt sitter had to leave dry food because of tight
schedule. So she got rehooked on dry and I have been trying to
reconvert her. It is a slow struggle but it can be done.

In the beginning it is harder because she will eat only a little
canned, which means refrigerating and rewarming the food a few times.
Once she can eat most of a small 3oz can in one meal, life gets easier.