Old April 26th 06, 11:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Broke Down: Fed 'Em Soft Food (Also, Iams?)

"Ajanta" wrote in message

: I used to rewarm cat food for another cat I owned. She certainly liked
it
: better warm - it was smellier too which makes it a cat favorite!!

How did you rewarm it? If I can remember to leave it out (closed lid,
of course) long enough that is best, otherwise microwave on very low
power setting like 2 (the usual power level is 10).

Microwaved it. Then stirred well. Then poked my finger into it to make
sure it wasn't TOO hot (like making sure the baby's formulas not too warm).
Had to be sure to cover the dish while heating - some brands have enough
water to spit and pop in the microwave.

Of course, the cats are smart enough to only take 1 bite if its too hot -
but no point in making them suffer.

My roommates could never understand why I went to all that trouble. "You
heat your cat's food?". I had to explain that is wasn't just that the food
was room temp again, its that heating released all the wonderful smells
(phew!) that cats like. Preferred the roommates odd looks to the sad looks
the cats gave me when I gave them ice-cold food.

-- maryjane