Old February 19th 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Cats and electronics

Suddenly, without warning, RobZip exclaimed (19-Feb-06 7:38 PM):
Two of my cats have developed a real taste for playing with electronic
items. Spot has discovered how to jump up on the printer and walk on various
buttons to cause it to eject paper. If for some reason he gets it powered up
and fails to get a scan or copy action started, he will start rooting with
his front paws down in the sheet feeder to try forcing it to eject a sheet
of paper. The other morning I woke up to approx 20 sheets of paper ejected
on the floor - most raked with the claws.

Sammy, Spot's mother, has decided that the disc tray on the DVD player is
some sort of mortal enemy to be caught and exterminated. She will sit and
stare through the glass into the cabinet, waiting for it to move. I tease
her by opening and closing the tray with the remote. Her crouching and
twitching in anticipation sure seems like serious businesss to her. What
tech stuff do any of your cats like?

Mine doesn't like any of it: it's simply a competitor for my attention
. She'll peek into my case window sometimes, and watch the fans spin.

jmc