Old February 20th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Cats and electronics

"RobZip" wrote in message
. ..
What tech stuff do any of your cats like?

At work, Stinky & Harriet LOVE LOVE LOVE the fax machine. They always want
to make sure it's working, so they print many test pages. Even I'm not sure
what button or combination of buttons needs to be pressed to print the test
page. They haven't figured out how to get a piece of paper into the fax to
send it, so they just use it as a phone. I don't know who they're calling,
and I usually catch it in time to disconnect before it goes through.

At my old office, when Tiger worked with me, she also loved the fax machine.
That was an old one, with a roll of thermal paper. One day the fax machine
kept jamming and we couldn't find the problem. My boss took it somewhere,
and they found that there was a bunch of cat food kibbles inside. We have
no idea how she got her food into it.

Harriet also loves computer keyboards. If some fool has left our inventory
program on screen in the "change" mode, Harriet is more than happy to change
book titles, authors, assign a new ISBN or simply delete some books that
don't appeal to her.

--
Liz