Old October 10th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

Default my cat's tongue turned purple!

kitkat via CatKB.com wrote:
My cat just got back from spending the weekend at the vet's because he needed
SubQ fluids and antibiotics -
I know my cat's tongue was red - now it's purple - think its the meds or a
reaction to the meds?

I'm assuming the vet would've noticed this before otherwise she won't have
sent him home. anyone else ever experience this?

what an odd coincidence. Yesterday I noticed that Rudy's tongue was
purple! It's normally a very light pink. I looked in his mouth and
his gums and lips were still light pink like normal, so I figured it
wasn't heart related and forgot all about it until your post. Rudy is
3 years old and healthy. I'll be curious to know what your vet says
about it.