Old October 10th 06, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ron Herfurth

Default my cat's tongue turned purple!

"kitkat via CatKB.com" u26561@uwe wrote in message
My cat just got back from spending the weekend at the vet's because he
needed
SubQ fluids and antibiotics -
I know my cat's tongue was red - now it's purple - think its the meds or a
reaction to the meds?

I'm assuming the vet would've noticed this before otherwise she won't have
sent him home. anyone else ever experience this?

One of my cats toung and mouth got purpleish when he wasn't breathing well.
An hour on oxygen and some other treatment helped.

Another had suspected liver problems from starving herself (due to being
dumped for the crime of being FIV). Both are better now.

I suggest having a vet look at the toung, my vet though both of my purple
toungs were pretty serious at the time.

ron