Old March 27th 11, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Which books did you hate that you still read all the way through? OK, way OT, but fascinating

Lesley Madigan wrote:

On Mar 26, 10:00*pm, "Joy" wrote:
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Have you read any of Connie Willis's time travel books? *I thought her
"Doomsday Book" was excellent. *However, the latest two-book saga is even
better: *"Blackout" and "All Clear". *

Thanks for the heads up I loved "Doomsday Book"- so I'll add the other
two to my wish list on Amazon (Trying not to buy too many books at the
moment- what with not knowing if I'll have a job 48 hours from now and
a number of household appliances having a race to see which one dies
first I am trying to save some pennies)

Don't you guys have libraries?? And if you can't find Connie Willis
books in your library, you belong to a big gaming club. Must be lots
of science fiction geeks there. Maybe someone has one they could lend
you? Another idea: go to the online booksellers and see what's
available second-hand. Often you can find a decent copy of a used
book for pennies - most of the cost is for the shipping.

Joyce - hardly ever pays full price for books. Or at all, most of the
time.

--
Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he
grows up, he'll never be able to merge his car onto a freeway.