Old April 8th 06, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Two homes and cats

Me and my partner both work from home and are considering buying a
second home (actually a flat) which we intend to travel between on a
weekly basis - one week in one place another in the other. All we need
to work is an internet connection so it would be quite feasible.
However, we have two cats. So we want to know if they could get used to
travelling. I've searched using google and found many people saying
that they have had no problem travelling between homes with cats. No
one has said whether it is something cats can get used to, though. From
experience of taking our cats to the vets we know that they don't
travel well. After a few trips would they get accustomed to it? The
trip would be around two hours. When taking them to the vets they
usually whine throughout the five minute journey, would they do that
for two hours every time we travelled? If so are there alternatives?

cheers
Darren