Old May 18th 04, 01:23 AM
Tracy

(A.B. Normal 65) wrote in message . com...
hey, everyone,

we just got a new kitten. unfortunately, our house had a mite problem
before we got the kitten and we still need to eradicate them. we were
spraying our house for the mites with permithrin once a week and it
seemed to be working. i've never had a kitten in my care before. is
it safe to spray our house with the kitten there if we put him in a
separate room for a few hours? we think he's about 9 weeks old.

--a.b.

No. Permethrin is nasty stuff and very toxic. You use it for clothes
when you travel to place with falciparunam malaria and it apparently
stays around for up to two weeks in fabric.

Talk to an extermninator about less toxic options.