Old September 13th 04, 06:59 PM
Rene

(---MIKE---) wrote in message ...
Amber is going to be ten next week. She has just recently started a new
"habit". It started about three weeks ago. She comes into my room and
jumps up on my bed about 4:30 AM. She then proceeds to slowly go up the
left side, across my pillow, down the right side and across my legs and
keeps repeating this while purring madly. I am an early riser but NOT
that early. If I close the door she will just scratch on it to get in.
She wants to be petted but I would prefer to wait until 5:30 or 6:00. I
don't want to lock her in another room for the night. Any suggestions?

---MIKE---

In addition to Megan's advice checking her medical status, might I
suggest ignoring her? I know it will be hard the first few nights, but
if she learns she will not get attention she should stop, and you
won't have to lock her out.

Rene