Old February 19th 05, 03:55 AM
gaubster2

Orchid wrote:
On 18 Feb 2005 09:12:13 -0800, "gaubster2" wrote:

WHY does there "need" to be a separation of church and state, again?
That is found nowhere in the Constitution and in fact, the 1st
Amendment to that document guarantees all of us the Freedom OF
Religion, not the freedom FROM religion. There is nothing wrong

with
prayer in schools, it doesn't cause anybody bodily harm. There is
nothing wrong with mentioning Christmas in public, there is nothing
wrong with displaying a menorah or a nativity scene in public on

public
property. It's called PUBLIC property for a reason. I hope you're

not
a member of the jihad against Christianity or religion in general!

So, you're all good with the local Wiccan Coven holding a
public Circle? How about a Pentacle hanging next to that Nativity
scene and Menorah?

If that's what the members of that particular (hypothetical) community
want, then fine by me. We have religious freedom in this
country....what a BEAUTIFUL thing! If you don't like it, then you
don't have to look at it.