Old June 22nd 05, 01:18 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Dan M wrote:
A few days ago I noticed Harri doing some coughing. She stopped after
a minute or so and it didn't repeat. Yesterday she had another
coughing fit, and that concerned me. She has also been a little bit
listless and lethargic. When I got back from my doctor appointment
this afternoon I saw that Harri has breathing very heavily, and she
hadn't been doing anything strenuous. By this time it was getting
near 4 PM, and her usual vet is over an hour's drive away at this
time of day. I did some quick research and located a vet in nearby
Redlands, and remembered that I have heard good things about that vet.

I had the feeling that Harri needed to see the vet immediately, and
that waiting until tomorrow might not be a good idea. I loaded Harri
into the carrier and we made the fastest trip to Redlands we've ever
done. The vet looked her over and found that she has a very high
temperature. When he listened to her breathing he found that she at
least has a very advanced case of pneumonia, and might have a
collapsed lung. He did mention that if I had waited til tomorrow, I
probably would have had a dead kitty.

The vet is reasonably sure that Harri will survive. She's spending the
night at the vet, getting IV fluids, antibiotics, and steroids. She's
also getting a lot of blood work done, and is getting some x-rays
taken. I'll find out about 10:00 AM tomorrow what the lab work shows.

The vet's assistant went over the vet's treatment plan before I left.
Turns out that Harri's treatment ought to cost almost exactly the
amount of my short-term disability checks for the last two weeks

Anyhow, purrs for Harri's recovery would be greatly appreciated.

Oh no! Purrs from my *8* for Harri-the-travelling-companion-Roadcat to get
better!!!!

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©