Old June 22nd 05, 01:23 AM
Christina Websell

"Dan M" wrote in message
A few days ago I noticed Harri doing some coughing. She stopped after a
minute or so and it didn't repeat. Yesterday she had another coughing fit,
and that concerned me. She has also been a little bit listless and
lethargic. When I got back from my doctor appointment this afternoon I saw
that Harri has breathing very heavily, and she hadn't been doing anything
strenuous. By this time it was getting near 4 PM, and her usual vet is over
an hour's drive away at this time of day. I did some quick research and
located a vet in nearby Redlands, and remembered that I have heard good
things about that vet.

I had the feeling that Harri needed to see the vet immediately, and that
waiting until tomorrow might not be a good idea. I loaded Harri into the
carrier and we made the fastest trip to Redlands we've ever done. The vet
looked her over and found that she has a very high temperature. When he
listened to her breathing he found that she at least has a very advanced
case of pneumonia, and might have a collapsed lung. He did mention that if
I had waited til tomorrow, I probably would have had a dead kitty.

The vet is reasonably sure that Harri will survive. She's spending the
night at the vet, getting IV fluids, antibiotics, and steroids. She's also
getting a lot of blood work done, and is getting some x-rays taken. I'll
find out about 10:00 AM tomorrow what the lab work shows.

The vet's assistant went over the vet's treatment plan before I left.
Turns out that Harri's treatment ought to cost almost exactly the amount
of my short-term disability checks for the last two weeks

Anyhow, purrs for Harri's recovery would be greatly appreciated.

You got all the purrs you need from here in England, both for her recovery
and for the money to pay for it. Have faith. If you have, somehow there
will be enough money for her vet's treatment and for you to get through.
Don't ask me how it works. It does. It has for me, anyway.
KFC & BF send their very best wishes, they read all her adventures and
wished they could be there too.

Tweed