Old April 5th 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default I think I have four owners now

aw, Bridget. She couldn't have picked a better and more loving Meowmie.
Heck, what's one more, eh? God bless you.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
"Bridget" wrote in message
I'm not sure when it happened, but at some time in the last month, I went
from being a fosterer to being owned. (Shut up Yowie!) I am still
resisting it, but the fact remains that Calico is still here, partly due
to my father's death and partly due to her illness and partly due to her
hyperthyroidism that is going to have to be treated. But she sleeps with
me, all four cats greet me at the door when I come in, I have a special
feeding routine just for her (she won't eat the kibble I have lying
around). She has become routine in my household. I have become owned yet
again. I wouldn't have thought it possible in this one bedroom apartment
to have four cats and not have it disturb the peace. But except for a few
growls here and there, they really get along great most of the time.

Mind you, this does not mean I am not going to look for her a new home.
But it does mean that it is going to come after I finish catching up in
all of my classes, do my final projects, write thank you notes for my
fathers funeral stuff, send out all the stuff to family members about my
father's funeral like obituary and stuff. And THEN I will make flyers
about Calico. Until then, she is doing quite well here and I see no
reason to add one more thing to the mix of things I need to do. And I
will be owned until we find someone else - a really good someone else -
for her to own. Now that I am owned, there is no particular hurry to get
her out of here. (I can hear you laughing, Yowie, it isn't very
becoming.)

Bridget