Old July 1st 10, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Default Smudgie is Lost!

"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in message
I would really appreciate some GYFBH purrs please. Yesterday evening
Smudgie chased a cat over our fence and kept on running. She has never
been out of the garden before so I am super worried. I have been walking
the streets calling her name and shaking her food box but no luck. She is
scared of strangers so will not approach anyone for help. I have put
leaflets thru doors and on lamp posts etc. I am so worried and am hoping
the "power of the purrs" will help guide her home.

Thank you so much
Sharon

Can Smudgie easily get back into your garden? In other words, is there a
gate so she would not have to climb over the fence? She can obviously do
that, but it would be a good idea to also leave a gate open for easy access.
It is often helpful to leave a bowl of very *strong smelling* food, such as
sardines or any favorite food. Leave it at both the front and back doors.

"Lost" cars are often close by but hiding under shrubs or bushes, so it
would be a good idea to pay close attention to any trees or bushes in the
near vicinity. This is especially true for a cat that normally does not
stray and may be frightened.

Good luck! I know how worrisome something like this is.

MaryL