Old April 18th 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl

Default Update - melamine in Natural Balance food - more products pulled

On Tue 17 Apr 2007 07:35:46p, buglady wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
link.net:

There is NO wheat gluten or rice protein concentrate (read same
as gluten) in the large breed puppy formula. Instead there is
corn gluten. I'm hoping in a couple of days they'll have a
report on the food. My guess is they'll find melamine.

I'm starting to see reports that food will be recalled that
contains rice and corn gluton, too. I keep reading that gluton is
used for how they process gravy, but I think the gluton is where
the protein is, and how pet food companies can "up" the protein
content without adding more meat? I don't know. Just comes to
mind from reading here for so long.

Here's a scary quote from an author, Ann Martin (author of "Food
Pets Die For ... Shocking Facts About Pet Food," ) - someone who
tried to post here a while back until she got attacked:

"When ConsumerAffairs.com contacted Martin late Monday night about
Natural Balance's recall, she said: "I had heard about this
yesterday morning and can't figure out what the heck is going on.
If there is something wrong with this food, and it is one of the
top foods on the market, I will just forget telling people what
foods they should feed their pets. This is very upsetting. "

--
Cheryl