Old September 13th 09, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default preparing me for motherhood

On Sep 12, 6:48*pm, Mischief wrote:
I really don't plan on having kids. *I don't see myself as a mother to
a smaller version of myself, simply because I don't feel I would be a
good mother, and for other personal reasons.

But I swear if I do, my brain will already be tuned in to handle
things like...

"Meow! *Meow! *Meow! *Meow!" (Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom)
"Pet me! Pet me! *Pet me!"
"Feed me! Feed me! *Feed me!"
"Mommy! *Mommy! Mommy Mommy!!"

I once finally turned and shouted. "WHAT!!" *and Mayhem scurried
away. *I got a flashback of my own mother. *ugh...

And Mayhem does this every morning.......

Meow! Meow! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom!

*sigh*

Kristi

We all turn into our mothers at some time or other, (and we probably
all hate it too). It's the weirdest phenomenon. I guess you don't have
to have kids to experience it!
I wonder sometimes if the cats are child-replacements for the empty
nest, although I always had cats, and always took good care of them.
I didn't treat them like children so much as I do now, though, I don't
think
so anyway.
At least we don't have to send them to college. :-)

Sherry

Sherry