Old October 26th 11, 12:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Thread of Memory

(with thanks to Sharon for reminding me)

As the veil between here and Rainbow Bridge grows thin at this time of
year, it is traditional for those left behind to post the names of those
who are still in their hearts, if not in their homes.

It usually takes the form of:

name of critter,species of critter if not cat house of family's
name (if family is unknown, Bast will always claim the unknown), RB,
MIA, other (RB=Rainbow Bridge, MIA=Missing in Action, years in one's
life, quick message of love.

Rec.pets.cats.community have the Jellicle Ball, a very similar concept
done with perhaps more creativity and imagination than here, but with no
less love and deep sense of loss. There is no reason why your lost
beloved cannot appear in the remembrance rituals of both groups.

Blackie, house of Chapman Sr, RB, 1976-?, first cat
Snoopy, house of Chapman Sr, RB, 1978-~1989, first heart cat
Brainy (Budgie), house of Chapman/Nagy, RB, 1989-1995, such a big
personality in such a small body
Vomit (budgie, mate of Brainy), house of Noon/Chapman/Nagy 1991-1995,
died of a broken heart 2 weeks after Brainy
"Drooling cat", House of Bast, MIA, ??, always greeted me to and from
the train station, until one day she didn't and never did again
Bowie (dog), House of Martiska/Watson/Chapman, RB, ?-2004, my noodlenut
Shmoggleberry J Cat, Esq, House of Nagy/Chapman/Watson, RB, 1994-2007,
B*st*rd C*t, thief of my heart
Fluffy (d*g), House of Chapman/Watson, RB, 1998-2010, best goggy in the
whole world
Rachess (bettafish), House of Chapman, RB, 2008-2010, beloved fish of
the Yowlet