Old October 27th 11, 06:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Thread of Memory

"Yowie" wrote in message
(with thanks to Sharon for reminding me)

As the veil between here and Rainbow Bridge grows thin at this time of
year, it is traditional for those left behind to post the names of those
who are still in their hearts, if not in their homes.

It usually takes the form of:

name of critter,species of critter if not cat house of family's name
(if family is unknown, Bast will always claim the unknown), RB, MIA,
other (RB=Rainbow Bridge, MIA=Missing in Action, years in one's life,
quick message of love.

Rec.pets.cats.community have the Jellicle Ball, a very similar concept
done with perhaps more creativity and imagination than here, but with no
less love and deep sense of loss. There is no reason why your lost beloved
cannot appear in the remembrance rituals of both groups.

Blackie, house of Chapman Sr, RB, 1976-?, first cat
Snoopy, house of Chapman Sr, RB, 1978-~1989, first heart cat
Brainy (Budgie), house of Chapman/Nagy, RB, 1989-1995, such a big
personality in such a small body
Vomit (budgie, mate of Brainy), house of Noon/Chapman/Nagy 1991-1995, died
of a broken heart 2 weeks after Brainy
"Drooling cat", House of Bast, MIA, ??, always greeted me to and from the
train station, until one day she didn't and never did again
Bowie (dog), House of Martiska/Watson/Chapman, RB, ?-2004, my noodlenut
Shmoggleberry J Cat, Esq, House of Nagy/Chapman/Watson, RB, 1994-2007,
B*st*rd C*t, thief of my heart
Fluffy (d*g), House of Chapman/Watson, RB, 1998-2010, best goggy in the
whole world
Rachess (bettafish), House of Chapman, RB, 2008-2010, beloved fish of the
Yowlet

Honey, house of Walter (the dog I grew up with) - lived to age 21

Tawny, house of Gaylord - about 10 years from his appearance as a scrawny,
dirty kitten who came in answer to my husband's calling our dog until he
went to the RB.
Pyewacket, house of Gaylord - About ten years, beginning a few years after
Tawny's coming and lasting a few years after Tawny's departure

Rudy, house of Gaylord - brought home as a kitten by Pyewacket - about ten
years

Herbie, house of Gaylord - a neighbor's kitten, invited by Rudy to come in
out of the rain, and who stayed with us for about eight years

Archaeopteryx (Arky), house of Gaylord - who lived for two years after
coming to us, brain-damaged

Skeeter, house of Gaylord - about eight years

Lindy, house of Gaylord - a pound rescue, who established her dominance over
Skeeter within two weeks, in spite of Skeeter's seniority, both in age and
residence time - about ten years

Nanki-Poo, house of Gaylord - another pound rescue, and my heart cat, whom I
had for only three years and seven months