Old August 10th 10, 04:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

Default vaccine reaction with vomiting and bloody diarrhea

On Aug 9, 11:14*am, "Nadia N." wrote:
Please anyone who has experience with this, I need help, or at least
reassurance.

Hello Nadia,

I've been away for several days and just saw your post. I am hoping by
now that Sweety is doing fine. One of our cats had two bad reactions
when he was a young cat (one year) to a vaccine--also vomiting, loose
stools, and his ears and paw pads were bright pink. We took him to the
emergency vets and they gave him a shot of benadryl to stop the
reaction (it helped only a little).

I wanted to caution you, now that she's had this reaction--to NOT
vaccinate her again. It could be more dangerous of a reaction next
time she gets any vaccine. We have not vaccinated Benny since he had
the reaction. IMO it's just too dangerous.

Rene