Old December 8th 10, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
KenK

Default Hairballs - pumpkin - taste

"Rene S." wrote in news:218c7d5e-86e3-4599-
:

Ken,

How about giving her a small amount of oil per day (like olive oil,
vegetable oil)? Like 1 t. per day. She "might" like the flavor.

Thanks!

BTDT. Tried a quarter teaspoon (IIRC) for a week or so, no help. Doubled
it, she wouldn't eat the food. Used olive oil.

This is not science, but for a few years I added 1/2 capsule of fish
oil to my cat's food once per day. They really enjoyed the taste and
it helped with hairballs. I don't know if you would have the same
experience, but might be worth a try.

I think I may try, starting today, skipping the pumpkin every other day.
I'm probably making a huge mistake - since I upped the pumpkin from two
to three teaspoons a day she's had few hairballs, only had one hairball
since November 22. She used to have them every day or two. And the
episodes are very much less messy. Maybe on the days she doesn't get
pumpkin I could try fish oil - I have capsules as I take it a few times a
week. I'll try without first.

Ken

Rene