Old September 4th 03, 04:08 PM
MarkF

Ammonium chloride also tastes bad so it is interesting that a cat will
tolerate it mixed in its food.

Aparently Uroeze adds additional ingredients to make the Ammonium
Chloride more palatable. Another thing they add is salt, which
probably makes the cat more thirsty. The cat doesn't seem to mind the
taste - actually he laps up the "gravy" (the food is the kind with
bits of meat in a gravy and we mix the powder in with extra water).
Occasionally he throws up after drinking too much of the liquid at
once, but I've read that is a possible side-effect.

One thing about diets for cats with urinary tract disease is that they
are low in ash content. What does the vet say on that subject?

He hasn't commented on this. I've read various comments about ash
content, some saying it's significant and some saying not, so I'm not
really sure what to think about it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Mark