Old June 10th 08, 09:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Default Declawed cat vs. Non-declawed cat. Should I worry?

Response to "blkcatgal" :

Thanks! I'm trying the cage thing right now. Got new cat in
cage...she's not happy!

She'll be alright. : P

Resident cat is keeping his distance, but
he is curious.

And that is what starts the healing process. : )

Other resident cat who seems to get along okay
with new cat is trying to play with her through the cage. She's
not interested.

Better than being scared (of her) -- and she'll eventually come
around.

I'm trying to ply them with treats....make it a
"good experience." New cat isn't having it....but she'll come
around. She can't pass up a treat.

I'll keep you posted.

Please do!

I spent a LOT of money on the treats that work. And Phat Kat and
Gabby did the same thing...

....they adore treats, ADORE them... but at first ignored them.
Yesterday, I had their faces maybe 3-4 inches from each other as they
nibbled on "Pounce (Cat Treats) - Moist - Chicken Flavor."

Oh yeah... better believe I had the chills creeping up my back and
tears welling up in my eyes. (It actually explains the celebration
Vodka. ; ))

I would spend double what I do now on the 2 weeks of "treat-play" I
have been doing. Probably $30 USD a week -- each container is 3oz
(85g) at about $4 USD and I have bought 13 (on the last one now) in
the past 2 weeks (since May 25). So yeah, I would pay $60 a week.

If the kitties have a medical emergency though, I hope they can take
kitty treats for it. : P (JOKE!)

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.