Old November 3rd 03, 10:39 PM
Alton

"Kevin M Hejna" wrote in message ...
Isthere anyway to train a 'grabby' cat? By that I mean, she will reach out
and 'grab' you with her claws when for example you pet her and then pull
your hand away. She will did her claws in and it is mega painful. This
does not happen all the times but frequently enough to be bothersome. She
may also do it if you walk past her. This is NOT a gesture of affection.
She has been doing this since we rescued her ...so, it's not something new.
Thanks. Sharon and Erzi

With grown cats, I've always thought of these behaviors as a cat who
feels a bit anxious and overexcited and wants to control what's going
on in his/her nearby space. In kittens and frisky young adults, this
behavior might be similar to the fighting they do with their
littermates. With one kitty I live with who is a former feral, I make
a high pitched squealing noise (like a cat) to let her know this
hurts. She does it a lot less than before.

Amelia, Swiss, Buddy
http://www.lovethatcat.com