Old March 1st 04, 09:03 PM
Jacqueline

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 19:46:34 +0000, Bob Brenchley.
wrote:

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:42:09 +0000, Gwenhwyfaer de Tierveil
wrote:

Quoth Bob Brenchley.:
There is no evidence needed, you have proved by your words that you
are either a liar or a troll.

There we are. A clear offer of evidence refused.

There is no evidence needed, she has already proved herself a liar and
a troll.

The only 'proof' is you insulting me, that's not proof, that's you
being an arse. One can only assume you're not a very educated man. I'd
like to have seen you at school/college/uni - 'no sir, I don't need to
produce evidence, I'm right and everybody else is wrong, and you're
all liars for contradicting me' !!

No, Bob, it doesn't work like that. When someone very clearly has a
quite different opinion and experience than you, it verges on the
sociopathic to just start calling them a liar.

When someone claims something you know to be untrue it is quite normal
to call them a liar.

But what I say is not untrue so your insult is misappropriate.

Saying "that's not my
experience" is perfectly acceptable, because it allows for the
difference - saying "you're a liar" without a full investigation only
demonstrates that you regard any experience differing from your own as
non-existent,

In this case it is. She was given ample opportunity to back out of the
hole she was digging, but eventually you just have to fill it in.

*sigh* I'm not digging anything. For the millionth time, I can offer
you evidence of my experience - you choose to ignore it. That's not my
fault.