Old July 18th 03, 04:49 PM
J~

I know we cover our hot tub every night not matter what, actually we
only cover it if we are not on deck. I know they make pool covers that
are on a large roll and you just un-roll from one side to other, very
easy. I will see if I can find a link to what our neighbors have.

Here go to: http://www.poolcovers.com
online photos Vanishing Edge Pool and it is pic in top left corner.

Not saying to buy this one but something like it so it is easy to use.

J~

Tlg064 wrote:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think the one about a small platform at water
level would work well, be easy to implement and not interfere to much with use
of the pool. Probably could cover the platform with that blue outdoor carpet to
give the cat something to sink her claws into and have the carpet lead right up
onto the deck. Probably would not look bad either.

Covering the pool would be way to much trouble. Keeping the cat indoors would
not work either. The cat that drowned was a stray and I think spent most of her
prior life outdooors so it would be hard to have kept her in. The other cat
that goes out has been following her mother (the deceased) out since she was a
baby. The rest of my cats I take out in the yard on a leash occasionaly.

Someone asked if the cat could jump. Yes, but not well. Enough to jump onto a
chair or something but thats all. Sometimes it would take 2 tries. Her hind
legs were getting weak and sometimes going down stairs she would tumble all the
way down.

Tom