Old July 18th 03, 05:54 PM
Cat Protector

You know as tragic as this was it could have been avoided had the cat been
kept indoors. It is not that difficult to keep a cat indoors. Just because
that cat was a stray does it make their life any less important?

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Tlg064" wrote in message
Thanks for all the suggestions. I think the one about a small platform at

water
level would work well, be easy to implement and not interfere to much

with use
of the pool. Probably could cover the platform with that blue outdoor

carpet to
give the cat something to sink her claws into and have the carpet lead

right up
onto the deck. Probably would not look bad either.

Covering the pool would be way to much trouble. Keeping the cat indoors

would
not work either. The cat that drowned was a stray and I think spent most

of her
prior life outdooors so it would be hard to have kept her in. The other

cat
that goes out has been following her mother (the deceased) out since she

was a
baby. The rest of my cats I take out in the yard on a leash occasionaly.

Someone asked if the cat could jump. Yes, but not well. Enough to jump

onto a
chair or something but thats all. Sometimes it would take 2 tries. Her

hind
legs were getting weak and sometimes going down stairs she would tumble

all the
way down.

Tom