Old February 20th 15, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lord Bergamot

Default i got allocated a Macmillan nurse

wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

She has me killfiled so she won't see this. I would certainly ask why
I'd been assigned such a nurse. If I don't understand something I
question the doctor. So many people seem to be afraid to question
doctors. I have no idea why.

Jill

I not only question, but ARGUE with him/her when I don't agree! It's MY
body, and MY life, so I won't take any medication unless I know what it
is supposed to do, what the side-effects can be, and what will happen if
I DON'T take it. Americans have become a nation of pill-takers as it is
- one of the more frightening effects being teen-age "pharm parties"
with the sometimes fatal results. (When I was a teen-ager, the family
medicine cabinet would only have yielded aspirin, Exlax, Milk of
Magnesia, Pepto Bismol, and maybe cod liver oil - nothing half-way
tempting, and we KNEW the effects of all of them.)

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all