Old July 1st 15, 03:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Spicey's pancreatitis

On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 10:29:36 -0700 (PDT), Rusty wrote:
I am so sorry to hear this.
My RB cat Rusty was diagnosed with pancreatitis by a blood test.
He vomit regularly and the vet said he was in pain.
Rusty was put on a morphine patch and had IV fluid.
The vet put him on a special diet of duck cat food which he loved.
The theory was that duck is a 'novel protein' to most cats and
he might had an allergy to the protein source in his old prescription cat food.
Rusty wanted to eat all the time, probably in an attempt to sooth his tummy.
But he was skin and bones and his vomit got to be more than once daily.
Finally I couldn't bear seeing him like that and sent him to RB.
Rusty lived to 16 years old.
He was always a sickly cat, since he was 2 and went on a prescription diet
for the rest of his life.
Two weeks ago was the anniversary of Rusty's adoption

I didn't meant to upset you, but just want to share my experience with
feline pancreatitis. The vet told me there is no cure, just control.

Winnie

Eeeps! Yes, it does seem to be serious, but 16 is a surprisingly long age
for a cat that hasn't been well since he was 2. He must've been so loved.