Old July 1st 15, 05:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JJ[_2_]

Default Spicey's pancreatitis

"Takayuki" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 18:46:34 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
I hope your fears are unjustified. Pancreatis is a very severe illness.
had a whippet who had it once at aged 10. I truly thought I would lose her
because she was so ill (and so did the vet) but she did recover although
it
took some time. In humans it is often caused through alcohol addiction
and
is equally serious. I'm not sure how animals get it.
I am hoping very much that Spicey recovers, I feel like I know her and I
kind of love that more than difficult girl.

Tweed
(fond of difficult cats and dogs)

The prognosis from TED sounded poor this weekend, and Spicey seemed so
weak
and limp, that I was convinced she wouldn't last the week. I felt a wash
of
sadness and guilt that after so many years, I'd forgotten I was capable
of.

But there was a bright spot - Spicey's vet told me that she'd perked up
today, and has been eating a little bit of food throughout the day! This
was unexpected good news, and I'm permitting myself to think and hope that
maybe - maybe she'll pull through and have another year or two or three
with me and the rest of her kitty family.

Purrs and good wishes!

Jay