Old September 26th 05, 09:40 PM
-L.

Meghan wrote:
2 weeks ago my 2 year old indoor-only Manx "Gray" managed to rip out his
front right index claw. After 2-3 days it started to smell terrible so off
to the vet we went. The vet said it may or may not grow back, and
prescribed Amoxi drops to fight off infection.

snip

The avulsed claw probably needs to be surgically removed, the wound
cleaned and stitched. I wouldn't mess around with it any more - it's
infected - get him into the vet and get it taken care of. If he can't
tolerate liquid antibiotics, ask for pills. There are options other
than amoxicillin for him.

Good luck,
-L.