Old August 21st 04, 03:28 PM

Making headway.
Took Nika to the vet for rabies, distemper, etc. shots.
She does NOT have feline lukemia. Hooray.
Vet is pleased with our progress combating the ringworm.
Still using a topical medicine, but I'm being more agressive about getting
it on her paws,
which seems to be how it is spreading--i. e., she scratches her neck, gets
it on her paws,
scratches some more, etc.
So the vet gave her a steriod shot which makes it itch less (supposedly). I
wonder how they know?
"So kitty, does that feel better?"
"Meow."
"How about this?"
"Meow."

In any case, she is scratching less and it's probably a combination of the
steroids and the topical on her paws.
Since the topical stings, she's less likely to put it on her neck.

If all else fails, according to the very good information passed along to me
by the folks on this newsgroup,
the ringworm will die of its own accord in 4 months. Hopefully I won't have
to wait that long.

Peace be with you all.