Old April 7th 16, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

Default do you have a bathmat on top of the fridge?

On 4/7/2016 12:46 AM, The New Other Guy wrote:
On Thu, 7 Apr 2016 00:05:42 -0700, Joy wrote:

On 4/6/2016 6:01 PM, The New Other Guy wrote:
On Wed, 06 Apr 2016 23:41:29 +0100, Jack Campin
wrote:

...and if not why not?

What other rearrangements of household furnishings have people
here been instructed by the management to carry out?

GLyN only jumped up there once, easily made it from the floor.
After looking around long enough for me to snap a picture, he
left it, and has never tried it again.

But usually, I have things like 2 liter bottles and boxes up there.

I don't think either of mine have ever tried it. There's too much stuff
up there.

I had a cat, MANY years ago, that pretty much lived up there,
and wasn't happy anywhere else. She could get up easily from
other cabinets, and it was tall enough that no one could even
see her if she wasn't up on the front edge.

I think she liked both the heat and very mild vibration.

I used to have a cat that liked to lie on top of my kitchen stove. That
was back in the days when ovens had a pilot light. When it was chilly,
especially, he'd lie on the flat area in the center, as close to the
back of the stove as he could get. The heat from the pilot light rose
up through the vent, and he got every drop of that heat he could.