Old March 17th 17, 06:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Kasupski

Default New Scratcher and a question

On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 22:03:36 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

I already know lavender won't work because I spritz my pillow cases with
lavender water (very soothing, helps me sleep) and it doesn't stop her
from curling up next to me at night.

I was just about to request an update since this was a week ago, and then my
mind went..."Pillowcases? Wait a minute..."

Jill...no pun intended, but there's your solution.

I once had an aunt who used to make sheets and blankets into slip-on covers that
fit her chairs and sofa. She had a few different complete sets of them, and when
needed she'd change them and run the ones she'd just taken off through the
washer and dryer and put them away for next time. She didn't have cats, but as
she liked to say, it was easier than putting furniture in the washer and dryer.

It seems all you need is a sewing machine and some expertise, or barring that,
someone who can make them for you. Then you can also treat the slip-on covers
with some kind of Buffy repellant without worrying about marring your furniture.

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY