Old September 11th 05, 06:23 AM
NateB323 NateB323 is offline
Junior Member

Default Is it time for me to get a new kitten so soon?

Hi all, I posted here a while back concerning my boy TB. Well, he lost his battle with Liver/Biliary disease and Kidney failure on the 29th of August. I had to let him go...that morning I knew it was time because he couldn't even stand up to drink. It has been awful, truly the worst time of my life. He was like my son, my best friend for 15 and 1/2 years, and now he's gone. I have very slowly gotten better, as to where I don't cry every day, but I still cannot look at his pictures.

Last week, I found a post on a database at work for 5 free kittens being given away the end of September. Well, even though I swore I would not get another cat so soon, I went and looked at them today. I told the lady that I was interested in two of them and she would hold them for me until I decided. They are 6 weeks old and I would like them to stay with the mother until they are 8 weeks before I pick one or two. I don't know though, I feel guilty, I just got TB's ashes back Thursday and cried up a storm. I still miss him dearly, and I KNOW that no other cat is going to compare to TB. I can only hope that if I choose a kitten it will grow up to be half the cat TB was. What do you guys think? Do you think I'm going about this the wrong way? Am I getting one too soon? I'm torn.

-Nate