Old September 11th 05, 08:20 PM
Veloise

Nate wrote:
...TB...lost his battle with Liver/Biliary disease and Kidney failure on the 29th of August. ...

...free kittens
being given away the end of September. ...I feel guilty, I just got
TB's ashes back
Thursday and cried up a storm. I still miss him dearly, and I KNOW that
no other cat is going to compare to TB. I can only hope that if I
choose a kitten it will grow up to be half the cat TB was. What do you
guys think? Do you think I'm going about this the wrong way? Am I
getting one too soon? I'm torn.

TB would want you to be happy, and a new kitty is one way to do that. I
found it helpful that the successor looked completely different. The
fun part was: I had been accustomed to a geriatric cat (almost 21 years
old, by the calendar, not cat years) and the new baby was bouncy,
responsive, playful, could hear and see very well in comparison.

If you think it might be too soon, it may well be. Perhaps take some
time visiting cats at shelters and pet stores before committing.

HTH

--Karen D.