Old September 12th 05, 10:09 AM
Lesley

.. They are 6 weeks old and I would like
them to stay with the mother until they are 8 weeks before I pick one
or two. I don't know though, I feel guilty, I just got TB's ashes back
Thursday and cried up a storm. I still miss him dearly, and I KNOW that
no other cat is going to compare to TB. I can only hope that if I
choose a kitten it will grow up to be half the cat TB was. What do you
guys think? Do you think I'm going about this the wrong way? Am I
getting one too soon? I'm torn.

Nate

We were in much the same position when our beloved Isis went to the
Bridge. A few days later a friend at work happened to mention her
semi-feral feline had had a litter and we realised we needed cats as
our home felt so completely empty.

But what we did find helped was we were in the same position you are in
now, we had to wait a few weeks until they were ready to leave their
mum.

Anyway we'd never even seen the kittens as the woman who had their mum
lived a long way away and we had our doubts but they were going to be
sent to a pet shop if she couldn't find them homes....

They are Redunzel and Sarrasine. We love them very much. They are NOT
Isis or her sister Fugazi and they're not replacements for them. They
are their own selves and we don't feel it's disrespectful to the memory
of Isis and Fugazi or Speedy Joe to have them. In fact it's the other
way round, if we didn't have more cats it would have felt like we were
saying they'd put us off having cats, which of course they didn't

Just my two cents

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs