Old September 11th 03, 12:38 AM
OU812?

~Kathy~ wrote:
When I hurt the most, cry the most, love the most, I come here - to
you, the cat people, who understand what it is to lose a friend.

Today I said goodbye to Mr Fast, my grey tabby boy, aged 20.

He came into my life at about one year old, he moved into my garden
then into my heart. He was timid at first, I threw cat treats to
him through the window. Gradually, we would sit together on the back
step, as I gave him food. I took him to the vet for the 'snip' - he
put his paws around my neck when I went to collect him.

Mr Fast outlived many of my fur people but age caught up with him -
first he lost all his teeth, then his kidneys became a problem,
then he became deaf - over the last week or so it was apparent he was
going blind.

My lovely grey tabby boy was walking into doors and getting lost in
the house.

After much soul-searching I analysed on his behalf 'quality of life'.

Four hours ago, I cried while Mr Fast left this world.

I would like the thank the Veterinary profession for being here to
help us to ease our friends from their pain and confusion - I waited
while Mr Fast fell into the endless sleep and peace he needed.

Dusty will miss him, she loved to curl up next to him.

I will miss him - he was my eldest boy, my constant cat.

Rest well, my Fast... I love you

Many purrs to you and Fast. I'm sure when you cross the bridge, he will be
scurrying his fast little tushie over to you as quickly as he can. I
haven't had the opportunity to be owned for that long by a pet, but i
certainly hope to!

Thanks so much for aknowledging the vets and techs at your clinic. We
really do care about your pets, and often are almost as sad to see them go
as you are. Especially when its a client who's been with us for years.

Kristy
--
The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight,
because by then your body and your fat are really good friends.