Old November 12th 03, 03:21 PM
Me

Mike Harris wrote:
Finally, a logistical problem. I'll be transporting Charlie around
Thanksgiving (assuming he's well) for a semi-extended trip. How do cats
handle litter needs when they are away from home? Specifically, I'm
wondering how he might handle elimination while in the carrier?

We usually waits. But iffin we gotta pee, we jest do.

Snowflake

Are
there litter box solutions that are built for inside carriers? My mom
can set him up with a sort of little personal litter box when he gets to
their house, but I'm wondering how he might handle himself en route.
Estimated travel time in the carrier, each way, is about 5.25 hours.

Weze waitz.

My thanks in advance to everybody who answers ... this new cat-daddy is
finding himself a l'il overwhelmed at times ...

Mike

Hoomin note: I've travelled a bit with cats. Including trips longer than
5.5 hrs. They will wait until the destination and then use the litter
box, unless they really really have to pee, in which case they will just
do it! You could put a disposable diaper on the bottom to absorb any
accidents, but I suspect it may just end up shredded.

Julie