Old May 17th 05, 06:26 PM
KellyH

"Philip" wrote
I am developing an opinion that *very* *early* sterilization gets vets
more customers, hence more revenue, (2)may well increase veterinary
business later on from unrinary tract issues like blockages, (3)and is
promoted in the interest of the greater good. (argh).

Oh please. My one cat that did have blockage issues was neutered at 6
months, the "proper" time to neuter.
Early spay/neuter *is* for the greater good. If you wait until 6 months to
get a cat spayed/neutered, the females can already be in heat and the males
sexually mature, and next thing you know, you've got a litter of kittens.
If you spay/neuter at 2 lbs, there is no risk of this happening. BTW, have
you ever seen a cat recover from a spay? The little kittens that are spayed
early recover much more quickly and pain free.
--
-Kelly