Old May 17th 05, 07:10 PM
Philip

KellyH wrote:
"Philip" wrote
Kelly ... it is LARGELY about the money when you bottom line it.
Veterinary is a business. Every vet has payroll and rent to meet,
not to mention insurances and taxes. When income is less than
payout, eventually you go broke. And face it, vets are in business
to stay in business. You have to sell ('educate') your customer by
appealing to their emotions so they feel obliged to fork over a
couple hundred dollars every time they walk in the door.

Yes, I know vets have a business to run and they have to make money. I
know the difference in price as to what a vaccine really costs and
what a vet typically charges. And that they often push vaccs you
don't need, want you to get boosters more frequently than necessary,
etc. When it comes to early spay/neuter, I don't buy that vets are
doing it to knowingly cause cats to become blocked later down the
road. That is ridiculous.

Only rediculous to you because your value system does not have business
overhead to pay. Only rediculous to you because you are not thinking of how
CREATING a need that you can fill for your "customers" can provide a
lucrative revenue stream. Follow the money trail, Kelly.