Old July 10th 09, 03:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default Billy - TrendNet cam is up!

I tried it out last night and it's working fine. The only tricky part
was that the default address of the camera is 192.168.0.20, and my
subnet is not 0. The nice people in India told me to temporarily
change the subnet on my computer to 0 and it was then able to talk to
the camera. Everything is back to normal and the camera is on the
correct subnet.

Motion detection worked fine but it captured several 8 minute videos
between 5 and 6 AM when no one was in the litterbox. I think it was
because of daylight coming up. I had to leave a bright light on in the
bathroom or the cam doesn't see anything but daylight still seems to
have had an impact.

I turned down the sensitivity a notch. Now I need to rig a light that
will shine on the litterbox without disturbing the whole house at
night. And I need to wall or ceiling mount the cam.

Thanks for the pointers; I'll feel much better if I can see that Espy
is peeing and pooping. One of the videos last night had Espy pooping.
Marlo peed twice. Nipsy apparently held it all in.