Old July 15th 09, 01:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default Billy - TrendNet cam is up!

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 01:37:04 -0700 (PDT), ensoul
wrote:

On Jul 10, 1:43*pm, dgk wrote:
On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 14:15:50 +0000 (UTC), Billy
wrote:

Glad to see you got it working, I love my TV-IP400W but I wired it to
reduce the LAN bottleneck speed.

I've read your past posts and I can tell you that they mis-diagnosed my
living cat (had two, one just passed) with the murmur thing once then
the same vet did not hear it on future visits. I can tell you that they
said I would likely see panting and lethargy if it became serious.

I'm a bit confused, Epsy is eating, peeing, pooping so is there still a
problem?

Oh, I didn't leave the PC on the 0 subnet, I did change the camera and
then changed the PC back. I actually use 12 instead of 0 or 1. I just
figured that I should be different.

While Epsy is currently sort of eating, definitely pooping, and likely
peeing, I'm in a panic that he will get blocked again when I'm away on
vacation. My plan is to monitor the motion detection videos daily and
call her if I don't see Espy successfully pee.

Hmm, another problem. I just checked the videos (via remote desktop)
and the motion detector is definitely reacting to the sun. A sunbeam
is making its way across the litter and the camera thinks it's a cat.

I'll have to knock down the sensitivity another notch and maybe find
some curtain to block the sunlight. But of course Epsy likes jumping
onto the bathroom window sill - argh.

How much does a motion dection camera cost? I despartely need one
having meds & money stolen from me

Lynn

I think it was around $180. You can view it over the internet, but in
order to do the motion detection you use the software on a PC. It
really isn't very difficult to set up and the phone support people are
good. I bought this one: